Shopping Cart

Why should your choose Quartz Countertops for your kitchen ?

When it comes to your kitchen countertops, there are many options available. From granite to tile to marble and everything in between, the choices are endless. While each material has its merits, today we will be looking at quartz countertops.

Resale Value and Quartz

When you’re upgrading your kitchen, it’s always smart to keep the resale value of your home in mind. According to, quartz countertops are quite appealing to potential buyers. This is because quartz can provide the beauty of more expensive materials at a lower price point.

Many potential home buyers are looking for granite countertops, or a material that looks just like granite. Quartz kitchen countertops fit the bill perfectly. These counters can make your kitchen look more expensive and professional, at a fraction of the cost of granite or marble.

Versatility of Quartz

Since quartz counters are engineered in a factory, you can find them in a wider range of colors than natural materials. These countertops consist of around 93% natural quartz. The remaining 7% is generally a mixture of polyester resins. You can also find quartz kitchen counters that include recycled glass, which gives the counters a unique look.

Durable Material

One of the major complaints of homeowners with counters made from marble or granite is their propensity for stains. Countertops made of stone are quite porous, and thus are quick to stain if you’re not careful.

For families looking for a more durable countertop, quartz is the way to go. Since quartz counters contain resin, the material is hard and low-maintenance. That means you don’t have to jump for the stone cleaner if your kid spills their juice!

There are many varieties of quartz available that mimic the look of stone, so you don’t have to miss out on the look you want.

Keep it Clean

Do you have a big family that’s always coming and going? Today, the kitchen is for more than food preparation. It is a place where people gather after work and school. Your kitchen is where your family takes on bake sale projects and hangs out together. It experiences more traffic than ever.

With more activity and traffic comes more mess. One of the best features of quartz is its antimicrobial properties. An antimicrobial surface helps to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew. It can also help prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.

Add this to the fact that quartz is easier to clean than natural stone surfaces, and you’ve got yourself an ideal material for countertops. A quartz counter would be perfect for home cooks and families with small children.

Quartz vs. Granite Countertops

When people talk about buying a house, you’ll often hear them craving granite countertops. But if you can get a similar look at a lower price, why spend extra?


The first difference between quartz and granite countertops is their material. We’ve already mentioned that quartz consists of 93% natural quartz, and 7% polymer resins. Granite countertops are 100% natural stone.


With a difference in materials comes a difference in price. Given that granite needs to be mined from quarries across the world, its origin can greatly impact the price you pay. For instance, if you are sourcing granite from Italy and bringing it to rural Alberta, you’ll pay a premium. But you can find more local quartz manufacturers, that will bring a lower price point and pride of supporting a local business!


When it comes to cleaning, quartz counters have the upper hand. Resin is much easier to clean than natural stone, and you don’t need to reseal the surface on a regular basis.

Granite countertops require a fair bit of maintenance. You’ll want to do some research into the best granite cleaner for your counters. Using the incorrect oil or cleaner can cause permanent stains, so this step is crucial. These counters also need to be resealed on an annual basis.